Bedford Logistics, a well-respected 3PL company in Chicago, was established in 2008 as the logistics arm of Midwest Warehouse & Distribution System (Midwest), the largest public warehouse in the Chicago market, and Bedford Motor Service, a 95-driver, 400-trailer, asset-based trucking company. While based in Chicago, we offer a wide range of services throughout the United States.
Together, we focus a few primary market segments:
- Food warehouse/distribution center deliveries
- We establish customer-specific route guides based on preferred carriers to reduce accessorial charges and late delivery fines.
- Food manufacturers
- We store and transfer ingredients used to create consumer products.
- We transfer final materials/products into a warehouse for final distribution
- Drayage work with a focus on transporting overweight containers and hazardous chemicals
A Little Bit More About Bedford Logistics
We are a modern logistics business with access to company trucking assets and warehousing capabilities. Our basis offerings include:
- Customer portal online access to PODs
- Customized reporting
- Pickup and delivery notifications
- Standardized LTL rates
- EDI/Electronic integration
- Flexible suite of services that includes TL, LTL, partial, drayage and intermodal
Advanced Transportation Management System (TMS)
Our state-of-the-art TMS system gives us the ability to establish route guides for each customer; develop custom-specific LTL, TL and drayage rates; custom-tailor reporting; perform daily tracking of all orders in transit; and offer EDI, freight audit and payment services.
In 2017, we installed 3G-TMS as our TMS platform which allows us to customize a solution with your specific needs in mind; at Bedford Logistics, we don’t believe that one size fits all. Our TMS capabilities include:
- Customization to customer level
- Customer-specific rates and accessorial
- F/B review and audit
- Customer/carrier portal
- Multiple rate tiers available
- PODs stored
- Route guides
- Customized reporting and dashboard
- EDI/ADI capable